Thread: Just One Question... [[STORY THEORY SPOILERS]]

Consistently Average Just One Question... [[STORY THEORY SPOILERS]] Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just One Question... [[STORY THEORY SPOILERS]]

I'd just like to clear something up as its been bugging me slightly over the past few days.

Is Tidus really transported 1000 years in the future? Or does Sin just pluck him from 'dream' Zanarkand and into the real world?

We all know the real Zanarkand was destroyed all those years ago but 'dream' Zanarkand must have co-existed for some time because im quite sure Sin cant time-travel. Anyone care to expand on this?
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Re: Just One Question...

Quote Originally Posted by SaixBerserk7 View Post
    Sin just pluck him from 'dream' Zanarkand and into the real world?
    There is your answer.

There is more in depth stuff to it, I haven't memorized it. That is probably the most simple way to put it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Old Skool Warrior Just One Question... [[STORY THEORY SPOILERS]] LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Just One Question... [[STORY THEORY SPOILERS]]

Fixed the title for you. Theory like that needs a heads up for the six people who haven't played the game yet. Sarcasm aside, here are my thoughts:

The following content assumes you have finished the game. Given the nature of this topic, spoiler tags will not be used.

How the hell did JECHT get into Spira? I mean... I can see how Jecht could pull in Tidus if we consider the false-world applications of physics and such. If Tidus is a dream, and Jecht is Tidus' father, then Jecht MUST also be a dream. Who pulled him out of dream-Zanarkand? How would the previous Sin have known to go there to get him? Did someone dream him up? Did either of them ever exist in the real world?

With old Zanarkand being a dream of the fayth, it's tough to say. Tidus existing is entirely dependent upon Jecht retrieving him, but I have yet to find a plausible excuse for how Jecht himself ended up in Spira ten years prior.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Alright Loco you made me somehow remember something.

The theory of Jecht being pulled into Spira is since Jecht went out to Sea to train. Since Sin hides out in the sea of Spira, and Dream Zanarkand is in fact in the Sea. The teaching forbids the technology to allow the people to venture out to the Sea, while the Al Bhed who don't believe in the teaching, have the technology and venture out into the Sea. So Sin being out in the sea, caught Jecht while he was out in the Sea in Dream Zanarkand, which wouldn't that mean "Dream Zanarkand" should in fact be "Dream Spira"? if Jecht went out to sea which is obviously not the city of Zanarkand, I am assuming the exit of Dream Zanarkand to Spira would be the same spot as the Entrance from Spira to Dream Zanarkand.

For all we know that Sin accidentally transported Jecht? Or we can assume that last Final Aeon/Guardian was indeed trying to rid of Sin and got what little control they could get on Sin while out at sea and grabbed Jecht?

Who knows.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User Just One Question... [[STORY THEORY SPOILERS]] Locke4God's Avatar

YES, he was plucked from Dream Zanarkand and time has nothing to do with the story.

As I understood it, Dream Zanarkand is kind of a perpetual, out of time element, and the people there have kind of just always existed.

I think I am the only one who speculates this, but I believe Jecht and Tidus, and everybody else in Dream Zanarkand is actually one of the faith, dreaming about themselves and their lives in Zanarkand collectively. However I think the dream has been going on for so long that they've just come to accept the dream on many levels as being real, and thus they have no idea how much the real world has changed over time.

It's kind of like the times when you wake up from a really deep sleep and you have no idea where you are for a moment. You're dissoriented.

Locke, after you beat Seymour for the 3rd time and get out of the Mountain, you see all those Fayth on that wall? They are keeping Dream Zanarkand going. They are dreaming of all those people.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User Just One Question... [[STORY THEORY SPOILERS]] xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

Black hole? :L
    Some people say Poland is like the Mexico of Europe...I don't know what that means, but I like it!! - Chris :')

Registered User Just One Question... [[STORY THEORY SPOILERS]] Locke4God's Avatar

Yes Loaf, I know about the wall of fayth, and I know they are dreaming up Dream Zanarkand and it's inhabitants.

What I was suggesting is that each person on the wall of fayth, is dreaming of themselves in Dream Zanarkand, so basically there is a dead Tidus looking guy on that wall, or in one of the fayth chambers, but he's been dreaming so long he's accepted the dream as full reality.

Difficult question to answer and I have never really considered that question before. Initially I thought it was going into the future a 1000 years like you said. But after reading what you just said I am not so sure. I don't really know but perhaps someone else could clear this up cuz I would like to know too.

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    Difficult question to answer and I have never really considered that question before. Initially I thought it was going into the future a 1000 years like you said. But after reading what you just said I am not so sure. I don't really know but perhaps someone else could clear this up cuz I would like to know too.

We explained it to you already....read.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I've got the perfect analogy.

Think "The Matrix"

He wasn't transported into the future. He was dreaming about a past world his whole life, and that past world existed as a dream in the future.